General Election Information
Protect Your Vote!
Has someone else voted on your behalf without your knowledge? Has someone taken advantage of a family member’s voting registration? Research your voting records here using the VoteRef.org database.
Poll Worker and Poll Volunteer Information
Poll Worker and Watcher Information for Delaware
The State of Delaware needs more than 3,200 poll workers to staff polling places for the General Election. This is a unique opportunity to serve your community by participating in the electoral process!
- Fewer Election Officers are needed for the Primary. The Department will not know the number until the offices on the Primary ballot have been finalized.
- There are also opportunities to work during School Board, School Referenda and Special Elections. The County Offices use the pool of folks who work during Primary and General Elections to staff those elections.
- Election Officers will be assigned to work at a polling place within the county where they live, with this exception: The Department may allow college students registered to vote in Delaware to work at a Polling Place in the county where they are attending college at least half-time, even if it is not in the county in which they are registered to vote.
How to apply
- Delaware registered voters: fill out and send an Election Officer Application to the Election Office in the county where you live.
- If you are not yet 18 years old, you must have your parent/guardian also sign your application.
- College students attending school in a county other than where they are registered, must send their application to the Election Office in the county where they want to work.